Welcome to the start of a new semester! Today we’re going be chatting about some tips and reminders to make this first week (and the rest of the semester) easier. We know there’s a big gap between semester starts, so it’s easy for some of these things to slip your memory.
Combining Canvas sections
You may be teaching multiple sections of the same course but want to combine all your students into one section so you have a single place to work on the course. Canvas makes it simple to combine those multiple sections into one. A brief note: you’ll need to combine them before students submit any work. Check out this Knowledge Base article to get started.
Easy-to-Access Resources – Teaching at CU Course
We’ve revamped (and renamed!) the Teaching at CU course to make it easier to find the info you’re looking for. Check out the course for tips and strategies for using Canvas features (such as announcements), Microsoft Teams and Kaltura, and other technology (such as the various pieces of tech in the classrooms) in your course.
Getting Help When You Need It
We have a lot of ways for you to get the support you need.
- Your department/school has a dedicated Canvas Fellow to answer questions and give aid.
- You have access to 24/7 Canvas support (check out the “Help” menu in Canvas for text chat; call x7905 option 1 for phone support).
- IT can help if you run into log-in issues or problems with technology (firstname.lastname@example.org; x7905).
- And we in the CTL are happy to help, especially with any questions about course strategy and effectively using technology (email@example.com).
For more reminders and tips, check out other posts in our “beginning of semester” tag. If you have any questions, suggestions for topics to be covered, or experiences you’d like to share, leave a comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!
Editor’s Note: previously published August 23, 2022
Want to never miss a post? Subscribe here!
- Canvas Updates: Rich Content Editor - March 1, 2023
- Beginning of the Semester Reminders and Tips - January 10, 2023
- Submitting Final Grades from Canvas to the Registrar - December 16, 2022