Canvas has continued expanding the available features for New Quizzes. With their latest update, you can now print off a quiz, either with or without the answers marked.
Before we jump into the “how,” we’re going to spend a few moments talking about some essential details.
- This is only available for quizzes built with the New Quiz engine inside Canvas (quizzes indicated with the solid rocket icon).
- If you have your quiz set up to randomly pull questions from an item bank, you will get a random assortment of questions in your printed quiz. You would only get all questions if you set your quiz to take all questions from the item bank.
- The printed quiz is displayed exactly how a quiz displays in Canvas – it is not converted to a document file with editable text.
- This feature currently does not play nice with quizzes set to “one question at a time.” If you want to print out a quiz, make sure you turn that setting off before printing the quiz.
And now for the “how.” Canvas has made it simple to access and select settings.
- Open a New Quiz and click “Build.”
- Click the three dots menu in the top right corner (next to the “return” button).
- Select either “Print Key (With Answers)” or “Print Blank Quiz”
- For either option, select the desired text size and click “Print Preview.”
- Choose your desired printer or PDF option and click “Print.”
For more details, check out “How do I print a quiz in New Quizzes?”
If you have any questions, suggestions for topics to be covered, or experiences you’d like to share, leave a comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!
Want to never miss a post? Subscribe here!
Latest posts by Lauren Eissler (see all)
- Canvas Updates: Rich Content Editor - March 1, 2023
- Beginning of the Semester Reminders and Tips - January 10, 2023
- Submitting Final Grades from Canvas to the Registrar - December 16, 2022